Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday Update

Today is a new day for me!
My crit partner Paula has directed me to screenwriting expert Michael Hauge's worksheets.
I'm hoping they'll help me figure out my GMC's for my new manuscript, The Perfect Wife.

I also got a rejection from an agent today. Racking those up. One of these days, I keep telling myself, they'll come asking for *me!*

Then I received my scores from the national romance writing contest, the Golden Heart. Soulmates didn't do all that well. Bottom 50%. Well, I only had a rough draft of it when I entered. Now I feel much more content with the first 1/3 of it that has been rewritten. But still, it needs work and thought. I stopped on it to pursue this new idea. Daddy Issue, on the other hand, scored in the top 25%. I'm happy with that! That's pretty darned good, and shows my writing is competitive.

On the non-writing end, I'm very sore today from gardening for 7 straight hours. I went to aerobics, did a kick and almost landed on the floor, it hurt so bad! I wish I was in my 30's again. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just turn the clock around?

I'm watching Dr. Phil now. The guests are a man and wife who are haveing marital issues. The husband hasn't worn his ring in two years because he says the marriage isn't the way it should be, feelings-wise, for him. He's a country singer. His wife gets mad at him for having girls flirt w/him in the bars, and she slaps him! Nice relationship. He says he knew at the altar that he'd made a mistake, but afterwards, he'd never felt so in love. These people are confused! Dr. Phil is telling them the wife's jealousy is a power thing. Well, duh! Of course she's trying to control him. Dr. Phil: "If he's gonna cheat on you and leave you, he'll do it." How true. He says you can't keep a fence and keep him in. Right. It's LOVE that keeps the jealousy out of the relationship. Love and mutual respect. I wonder if they'll get it right or if they'll keep fighting and end up divorced, with a two-year-old to split their time with. I'm thinking it might be the latter. Too bad. Marriage takes work...lots of it!

Well, off to make a meal for my hubby. Why is he ALWAYS hungry?!! The way to a man's heart really IS his stomach around this house.

No comments: