Sunday, April 09, 2006

Back from Florida Sunshine

I'm back from the sunshine and heat of Florida and ready to get back to my writing. The only good thing about the 14-hour trip home was that I had plenty of time to work on the skeleton of my new manuscript. Gonna hit the keyboard soon and tap out Ch1, since I now know where I'm headed and with whom!

I'm waiting to hear how Soulmates fared in the San Antonio Romance Authors' Merritt Contest. I finaled in it, and now Johanna Raisanen of Superromance has judged it and given it a placement. Eek! She rejected a sub in November, so I'm really interested to see how she liked Soulmates. I've stopped on that ms at Ch5 because I was concerned that it wasn't an emotional enough story for Super. Anxious to get busy with this new idea, which a Super author pal helped me brainstorm. She felt I needed more of a sense of desperation in my setups, which would make it more emotional. That was just the advice I needed, and I ran with it for creating the new ms idea, tentatively titled "Ain't That Lonely Yet."

The title comes from my latest fave Ipod download, Dwight Yoakum's song by the same title. Great angsty ex-lover song. Great lyrics.

Also waiting to hear from Premium Press America on The Daddy Issue. I hope they like it! They got it on 3/28, and said it takes 4 to 6 weeks to review. Cross your fingers for me. : )

Okay. Off to write.

No comments: