Tuesday, April 18, 2006

What It's Like to Be Me

First of all, to be me, you have to be sleepy most of the time. I drink a lot of coffee to combat the drowsies. I don't know why I'm sleepy a lot, because I'm usually out like a lightbulb and dreaming each night. I think I should go to bed earlier. Getting up at 7 doesn't cut it, either.

It's almost time for Body Pump, which is a class where you lift weights to some good music. In other words, it's choreographed weightlifting. I've been doing it twice a week for about 10 years.

I just discovered, though, by taking my sister's boot camp in Boca, that I need to do more cardio. Writing involves a lot of sitting. So does needlework, which I really enjoy. So it's important to get out and stretch the legs pretty often.

Tonight I teach Disciple Bible study, which is a program for reading the Bible, developed by the Methodists. It's very good and the workbooks and discussions push you to think beyond the obvious. It's also very time-consuming, requiring reading, taking notes and in my case, teaching from 7 to 9pm on Tuesdays. We will finish up in about 5 more weeks, and WOO HOO, I'll be glad for the break.

This is a typical day for me. Frank is out of town again, this time M-W in Orlando, to meet with advertising customers Disney and Harcourt.

Seems lately we're either on the road together w/the kids, or he's on the road alone. I'd like for things to settle into something of a routine around here!

Better run! Time to make the lunches for the kids and then get ready for Body Pump.

No comments: