Monday, December 11, 2006

My New Website!

It has been a while since I posted. Sorry about that. I've been a little snowed under, with Mom sick this fall (she's fine now,) remodeling the master bath, Christmas decorating and shopping, etc,...

Now the bath is nearing completion and so is the shopping. And *my new website* is up! You'll find it at: www.melissabeck.com Please check out what my website designer created for me. I think Heidi is a genious, a goddess, a...what else was I supposed to say, Heidi? Just kidding! The truth is, I love what she did for me, and I love working with her. Visit her webspace at www.xuni.com and you'll see why I chose her to do my site. She truly is special.

What else is banging around in my head? Oh, yeah. My editor tells me our publishing house's site will be up very soon. Can't wait!

I hope you are having a fun holiday season. I know this time of year can be very stressful. I confess I've had a few meltdowns. Just this a.m. I was holed up in a downstairs bathroom, trying to shinny into my exercise outfit. Suddenly I hear the upstairs bathroom tile guy in the hall right outside my door going, "Hello? Miss?" Now, I know it's his job to finish *our* job for which we hired him, but I'm more than ready for this renovating to be finished. After all, it started the day after Halloween. We had a brown paper "path" taped with blue painter's tape in our front hallway for Thanksgiving, and now we'll have a white Christmas thanks to sheetrock dust!

And the final thing on my mind today is, why am I so behind with my writing goals? I know I've been discombobulated with all the stuff going on around here. But that's not a good excuse. All over the world, people are busy and they're still grabbing writing hours. So I'm just vowing to get my writing in every day and get back on schedule. Are you having difficulty writing lately? If so, please post and maybe we can start a discussion on ways to rev up our creativity engines. I'll take any suggestions you'd like to toss my way.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa,

Love the new website - it's beautiful

Melissa B said...

Thanks, Anne!
Thanks for posting!

Marie-Nicole Ryan said...

Your new website is great, Melissa. As for keeping on track, it's difficult during the holidays especially when you have someone tearing up your house to make it better.

I finally had to resign my day job to find time to write. Working 10-12 hrs a day 5 days a week doesn't leave any energy for creativity. Now I'm writing 2k words a day. YAHOO!