Thursday, July 10, 2008

Writing Romance (and devotionals)

Well, I'm back to romances again. I'm in Ch1 of a new manuscript. Let's hope this one goes better than the mystery I started, and I can actually make it on to more chapters! I needed a break and I hope it has helped me to better concentrate on the emotional stuff I need to get into my story. After all, I've learned what I know about writing thru the romance industry, so I feel I should stick to my roots and not veer off in other directions. Some people can do that and do it well. I've tried, and each time, I just lose all my momentum.

Risk. Stakes. Upping the ante for the hero and heroine. It's starting to sink in, after all these years. This is what Harlequin is looking for. The lack of it results in rejections. I don't want another rejection. <>

Anyway, just thought I'd tell everyone that I'm back to romance writing. Two people have said, "Yea!" That's uplifting! I hope I don't disappoint my two fans (Marsha and Torie.) LOLOL

And I wrote a devotional this week for our church. It reminded me of some of the entries I did for the Comfort Ministry manual. This one was on seeking perfection. There was a time when I wanted to be perfect in just about everything I did. But I learned my lesson, and now I do not believe God expects us to be perfect. He knows we're all sinners. We're supposed to seek perfection though, according to both the Old and New Testaments. But it ain't easy. As usual, we're mere humans, trying to walk the straight path. Sounds so simple, yet only one ever achieved it--the One and Only. That's why I love the 1Corinthians:12-13 passages, 12"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Our Bible study lesson was on faith and unfaith. I think if we have hope, and especially if we have love, then it leads to faith. The two, love and hope, make us want to be faithful. When you love someone or something, you will do things you would never do. You'll take leaps of faith, based on that love.

So, does love+hope+faith=perfect? Maybe so. Food for thought, anyway.

End of sermon! Just practicing devotional stuff on *you.*

On a lighter note, after much floor wrestling with both Buddy the sheltie and me, the cattle dog is sleeping. SSSSSSHHHHHH!!!

No comments: