Monday, March 31, 2008

A Finished Project--Farmhouse Rug (wall hanging)



This was NOT easy, but I'm happy with the results. I did a lot of over the 2 weeks that Mom was in the hospital two falls back, having an emergency surgery.





Each color required two bobbins of yarn. I cut my "bobbins" from cardboard, because you have to have plenty of yarn on them. The small plastic manufactured ones wouldn't be sufficient. At one point, I think I was carrying 22 bobbins across the rows. It was around the area of the various fields + the small outbuilding.





I'll never forget sitting there in Mom's room with Dad, and glancing up when I heard him snickering. "You spend more time untangling the bobbins than you do knitting," he said. That was a very true statement. So if you decide to do this project, beware! Oh, and it's from the book, Knitter's Stash. It's the farmhouse rug, made with Cascade 220, 100% wool. Since I once hooked a rug where I hand cut all the 1/4" wide strips of wool, only to have my cat pee on it, this "rug" will always be on a wall.

1 comment:

Chelle Sandell said...

Girl...you are sooooo talented!! I'm impressed - and jealous! ;) It's beautiful.